Date:      Mon, 19 Nov 2001 04:31:40 +1030
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
To:        Mark Evenson <evenson@panix.com>
Cc:        java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: jdk1.3.1 and JRE netscape/mozilla plugin

On Sat, Nov 17, 2001 at 05:22:19AM -0500, Mark Evenson wrote:
> The 'java/jdk1.3.1' port does not seem to build the Netscape browser
> interface plugin.

Thats correct.

> I assume that this is because there is some technical difficulty in getting
> the port to build the plugin corectly.  Does anyone have a pointer to more
> information on what these technical issues might be?

There is no problem building it, running it is the problem... :).

> It sure would be nice to have a Java plugin for the native Mozilla. . .

Read some of the BUILD file in the JDK patchset.  That will hopefully
help you figure out how to build the plugin.

If you're interested in debugging it please let me know.  The problem
appears to lie in the java_vm program which is exec'ed by the plugin.

--
Greg Lewis                            Email : glewis@eyesbeyond.com
Eyes Beyond                           Phone : (801) 765 1887