Date:      Fri, 08 May 1998 20:33:00 -0700
From:      Don Wilde <dwilde1@ibm.net>
To:        "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NW+IOP Presentation

Not at all. We post the original questionnaire on FreeBSD-questions, and
ask that everybody forward it to everybody else that they know uses
FreeBSD. Might also put in a section for those who did use it and
dropped it. I'm sure the Linux ilk will mail bomb us if we do that but
we might get some useful data as to why the drops. The questionnaire
will be simple enough, but it will give us a decent amount of data.

We set up an address to return it to -- both electronic and postal --
and have a CGI on the electronic address to process the responses. It
would also be worthwhile to improve the 'registration' screen on the
next batch of CD's so it gives convincing arguments rather than
pleading, and offers several ways to register.

Since it's in everybody's interest to show numbers, I think we'll get a
decent response.