Date:      Thu, 14 Mar 2002 21:50:01 -0800 (PST)
From:      darklogik <darklogik@pittgoth.com>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: docs/35903: physio(9) does not have an AUTHOR section

The following reply was made to PR docs/35903; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: darklogik <darklogik@pittgoth.com>
To: dima@trit.org
Cc: freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG, FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 00:30:06 +0008 (EST)

 Not that an arguement needs started, or a dispute needs to arise, but
 may I throw the following idea on the table for everyones evauluation:

 No author listed, who would be contacted if this manual document became
 out of date, who would fix it?  Who already knows about it?

 Could we just dub Hiten, as the last person who worked with it, the
 current author and maintainer of this document?  It would be good,
 in my opinion of course, for users to have an idea of who to contact
 if in fact this document needs changing.

 Many times we get prs saying ``this needs changed'' and yet it either
 sits for many days/weeks until someone has the time to investigate the
 problem, or knowledge to apply a quick fix?

 In closing, I guess that this is just a request to assign Hiten as the
 author of this document, and maybe even list an (unknown origin) under
 the authors section.

 Is this idea feasable?

 --
 Tom (Darklogik) Rhodes