Date:      Tue, 24 Oct 2000 19:03:06 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bosko Milekic <bmilekic@dsuper.net>
To:        Bill Fumerola <billf@chimesnet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mbuf leakage on 4.1.1-STABLE

 FYI:

	I've just MFC'd the change I introduced to -CURRENT about a week ago,
  after this first came up. It changes the percentage to indicate how much
  of mb_map has actually been allocated. This required an additional sysctl
  in -CURRENT but was an extremely simple change in -STABLE.

On Fri, 13 Oct 2000, Bill Fumerola wrote:

> >    Perhaps I should have spoken up earlier, but none of these reports has
> > indicated a problem. The "92%" above is the percent of buffers that have been
> > allocated and are currently in-use. The system allocates more when the pool
> > runs out. The % in use is essentially a useless number that shouldn't even
> > be reported because it just causes confusion about what it means.
>
> Perhaps we should change the message to "%d%% of those in use".
>
> --
> Bill Fumerola - Network Architect, BOFH / Chimes, Inc.
>                 billf@chimesnet.com / billf@FreeBSD.org

  Cheers,
  Bosko Milekic
  bmilekic@technokratis.com