Date:      Sat, 06 Dec 2003 14:00:13 -0800
From:      bmah@freebsd.org (Bruce A. Mah)
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Cc:        bmah@freebsd.org
Subject:   HEADSUP:  doc/ slush begins on 8 December

--==_Exmh_-15773070P

Just a note that the doc/ slush begins on 8 December, which is two days
from now.  The purpose of the doc/ slush is to slow down the rate of
change in that tree in order to allow translation teams time to finalize
their work for 5.2-RELEASE.

As usual, this is not a hard freeze (as is the case for ports/ and src/),
and there is no formal commit approval procedure.  Let common sense
prevail (fixing a misspelling is probably OK, but reorganizing the FAQ
is not).

(Note:  The 5.2 release schedule originally stated a somewhat stronger
freeze.  This was an error...I have corrected it, but as we all know it
takes awhile for changes to propagate to the Web site.)

Tagging of doc/ is scheduled to take place on 12 December.

Thanks for your cooperation and keep up the great work!

Bruce.

--==_Exmh_-15773070P

--==_Exmh_-15773070P--