Date:      Thu, 01 Feb 1996 01:33:36 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        "Andrew V. Stesin" <stesin@elvisti.kiev.ua>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What I'd like to see brought to -stable

> 1.  (kernel) A fix for "system binds" problem (IDE system with X11
>     "goes asleep" periodically for random periods of time).

We'll have to see how much of John's other changes this requires.  It
could turn out to be a little too "expensive" for -stable, so don't
get your hopes up is all! :-)

> 2.  "phk malloc" by Paul Henning Kampf. It's one of the best performance
>     improvements I've seen, why recompile approx. entire world after
>     dropping it into an installed system? And, taken from -current,
>     it works without a glitch -- only _times_ faster :)

Have all the wailing applications been cleaned up?  Last I heard,
there was still some userland stuff complaining about malloc
conditions.  I'd kinda like to see all of those found and fixed before
declaring this malloc ready for -stable.

> 4.  A new groff (1.10). It's way nice to have direct LaserJet printing!

Hmmm.

					Jordan