Date:      Mon, 11 Dec 2000 10:38:45 +0100 (CET)
From:      Andrzej Bialecki <abial@webgiro.com>
To:        Mark Huizer <freebsd@dohd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: fxp driver not reset after Windows reboot?

On Sun, 10 Dec 2000, Mark Huizer wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On my VAIO laptop, I have trouble rebooting directly from Windows to
> FreeBSD (luckily enough I don't run Windows that often :-)
> I tried to look at the driver code, but it looks to me like it is doing
> resets when attaching the fxp driver, but somehow, Windows has left it
> in the state where it isn't recognized properly.

> fxp0: <Intel Pro 10/100B/100+ Ethernet> port 0xfcc0-0xfcff mem 0xfed00000-0xfedfffff,0xfecff000-0xfecfffff irq 9 at device 11.0 on pci0
> fxp0: Ethernet address ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff, 10Mbps

I have exactly the same symptoms. The card is in a docking station for
Dell Inspiron 5000. Looks like it's sort of standard behaviour nowadays...

Andrzej Bialecki

//  <abial@webgiro.com> WebGiro AB, Sweden (http://www.webgiro.com)
// ------ FreeBSD: The Power to Serve. http://www.freebsd.org --------
// --- Small & Embedded FreeBSD: http://www.freebsd.org/~picobsd/ ----