Date:      Thu, 1 Jan 2004 11:22:57 +0000
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        Marius Kirschner <marius@agoron.net>
Cc:        'FreeBSD Questions' <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: 4.3 to 4.9 upgrade woes

--H+4ONPRPur6+Ovig

On Thu, Jan 01, 2004 at 02:48:42AM -0500, Marius Kirschner wrote:
> Okay, got ssh to work but mySQL gives me the following error when I try to
> start it:
>=20
> ./mysql-server.sh: 6: Syntax error: "&&" unexpected
>=20
> This worked just fine before???

Oh dear -- this again.  There was a lot of traffic on this list some
months ago when this first occurred.  You need to update your MySQL
server port, and copy the mysql-server.sh-dist that provides to
mysql-server.sh

What happened is that a /bin/sh bug was fixed, and consequently
erroneous shell constructs like:

     foo & && bar

now generate Syntax errors.

	Cheers,