Date:      12 Jun 1996 10:12:19 GMT
From:      mollyt <mollyt@yoyo.cc.monash.edu.au>
To:        apana-lists-os-freebsd-hardware@apana.org.au
Subject:   How to drive a modem faster than 9600

Greetings all,

I have BSD\os2.0 and connected to it I have a Microm Deskporte fast modem,
it However does not want ot run in anything other than 9600 baud

questions:
is it running at this speed because that is the default port speed of the
computer ?
if so how can I tell unix to use a higher port speed.
strange thing plugged in a dumb terminal to this port and ran at 19200 no
problems.
The modem when it resets or when you play with it using tip always
defaults back to 9600.

Can some-one please tell me the steps I need to do to make this modem work
at 28.8k
including
gettytab entries
ttys entries
and whether I need to re-make a tty00 device
or whatever I'm really frustrated with this thing.

Love Molly

ps apologies if this message appears twice.