Date:      Sat, 4 Jun 2011 00:12:18 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        John Kozubik <john@kozubik.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bounty / work for hire for PR 115623 ... xircom, pcmcia, etc.

I'd say this PR is off the mark.  I use PC Card and CardBus cards all =
the time.  The Xircom patch in question should be in -current already.  =
I likely haven't MFC'd it.  There are two classes of problems lingering =
from the old days: the Xircom one (where a certain type of CIS fails, =
but so far one Xircom card is the only one that has it).  The second is =
the inability to find what resources the Host Bridge decodes, so you =
need to hack it with the memory ranges manually.  John Baldwin recently =
committed a fix for newer ACPIs that would solve this, if only older =
ACPIs implemented it...

Part of the problem here is that my primary laptop no longer is CardBus =
based, so problems linger longer than I like to see...  All my fast =
laptops have died, and I'm stuck with ancient, slow ones with dying =
batteries that work poorly these days...

Warner