Date:      Mon, 22 Jul 2002 11:40:11 +0400 (MSD)
From:      Andrew Kopeyko <kaa@rambler-co.ru>
To:        LonerX <lonerx@ok.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: remote system upgrade

On Sun, 21 Jul 2002, LonerX wrote:

> Hello.
>
> All we know how much cvsup and following makes mean for a system. But
> being able to cvsup the sources on my remote server and being able to
> build the world I cannot find the way to 'make installworld' remotely.
> If somebody has experience in that and can share it with me I'll be
> really glad and grateful to know about it.

If you are upgrading not ancient system (not from 3.x to 4.6) you can
remotelly say 'make world && make buildkernel && make installkernel &&
reboot' - in 97 % cases you would be able to ssh-in after reboot.

Or use 'remote console'/'serial console' to be able to control single-user
mode remotely.

--
Best regards,
Andrew Kopeyko <kaa@rambler-co.ru>