Date:      Thu, 23 May 1996 09:27:50 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mark Tinguely <tinguely@plains.nodak.edu>
To:        freebsd-current@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: editors

I think editor preference is a "religious" issue simular to the Linux/FreeBSD
debate. a good percentage of the people will be unhappy with whatever choice
is made. Jordan, go dictator and choose one.

>  Isn't there some editor out there that vaguely
>  resembles Microslop's 'edit'?  It doesn't have to be the same, but the
>  idea of using the standard function keys rather than control sequences
>  would vastly raise the acceptance level for newbies.

by default, doesn't X remap the function keys when it starts? my concern
is if we get someone fimilar with a function-key based editor, and then
try to explain to this new user what to do when he/she start X.

I professor has remapped jove to be like his DOS editor using .joverc
files and we had to remap all his X functions keys because of the above.

--mark.