Date:      Thu, 16 Jul 1998 14:01:04 +1000
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG, jkh@time.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: /usr/src/sbin/i386/mount_msdos - can we move it already?

>It makes no sense to have this under i386 since I could just as easily
>have a DOS formatted partition I might want to read on my ALPHA.  It
>should be up with the rest of the mount_foo programs.
>
>Unless there are no serious objections, I'll ask Peter to do a repository
>copy so we don't lose history on it.

Same for comcontrol.  It handles only a couple of machine-independent
serial ioctls.  OTOH, the control programs for serial drivers with lots
of machine-dependent ioctls (stallion/* and sicontrol) are not in i386
subdirectories.

Same for fdisk.  It can be used on any block device.  I could easily
use it to manage disks containing DOS formatted partitions on your
ALPHA.

Bruce