Date:      Sun, 15 May 2005 19:06:36 +0200
From:      Jose M Rodriguez <josemi@freebsd.jazztel.es>
To:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Rackmount MP AMD boxes?

El Domingo, 15 de Mayo de 2005 18:27, Ken Gunderson escribi=F3:
> Jose M Rodriguez wrote:
> > El Domingo, 15 de Mayo de 2005 07:25, gnn@freebsd.org escribi=F3:
> >>At Sun, 15 May 2005 12:42:03 +0800,

<snip/>

> The dual core support is nice plus.  From the pricing I've seen,
> however, a single dual core comes in substantially higher than 2
> single core cpu's.  But then this is just w/my upstream distributor's
> pricing, not shopping the net at large....  Such a strategy offers a
> very attractive option;-)

I think this is a little wrong point. a four proc system based on two=20
dual-core cpus in a 2-way motherboard is less expensive than a four=20
proc system based on four cpus in a 4-way one.

Also, the dual-core system may use DDR400 an 1000 Hypertransport with=20
near half the power (0.095 core).

=2D-
  josemi