Date:      Tue, 13 Mar 2001 10:40:18 -0800
From:      Robert Clark <res03db2@gte.net>
To:        Rob <europax@home.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: How do you get kids interested in computers- other than playing games?

Find a game company in your area and see if you can arrange to take
him for a tour.

Getting a chance to meet some game designers or programmers might
generate some interest.

Or maybe go to a trade show, so he can see how much business is a
part of the game scene.

I'll be facing this situation someday soon myself. I'm not
convinced that the computer field will always be as good a place
to be as it is today.

As the computer becomes more commonplace, it becomes less exciting.

For my father, it was working on cars.

For me, it was working on computers.

For my children, it may be working on something else.

[RC]