Date:      Thu, 24 Aug 2000 17:19:34 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        Tony Fleisher <takhus@takhus.mind.net>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: problems with /usr/bin/awk

On Tue, 22 Aug 2000 12:27:01 +0200, Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> > awk: ./guile-snarf.awk:17: (FILENAME=- FNR=9680) fatal error: internal
> > error
> > Abort trap - core dumped
> > *** Error code 1
>
> I get the same thing here.  Inspecting the core dump, one finds that the
> abort() happens in eval.c:1668, just below a huge FIXME comment.  I'll
> contact the gawk maintainers.

This is a bitch.  If I run the problematic awk script from the
command-line, feeding it exactly the same input as it is given from the
Makefile, awk does not dump core, but rather completes successfully.
When run from gmake, it dumps core.

So I'm a bit stumped as far as formulating an easy How-To-Repeat is
concerned.  :-(

Ciao,
Sheldon.