Date:      Thu, 19 Feb 1998 22:27:23 +0000
From:      Karl Pielorz <kpielorz@tdx.co.uk>
To:        "Jin Guojun (ITG staff)" <jin@george.lbl.gov>
Cc:        dg@root.com, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: full-duplex of vx (was Intel 100/B NIC)

Jin Guojun (ITG staff) wrote:

> :>ifconfig fxp0 link1 link2
> :>
> :>That should put the card into 100Mb, full duplex under 2.2.2-RELEASE, it's a
> Can vx (3c5x9 3C905) device be configured to full-duplex mode?
> I tried this option for vx0 and got errors:
>
> #  ifconfig vx0 link2 full-duplex
> ifconfig: full-duplex: bad value
>
> # ifconfig vx0 link2 100basetx link2  full-duplex
> ifconfig: 100basetx: bad value

Hi,

I've just looked at the driver man page for 'vx' (and unless it's out of date
on my system, which it may well be) - there doesn't seem to be any support for
forcing the driver to 100mb/fdx.

The link1 link2 and link0 options seem to select the port...

If the card can do full duplex / 100mb, you might be able to tell the system
at the other end to set it's card to 100mb/fdx - and it might autodetect...

Theres to many 'mights' in that last paragraph - I'd wait around for someone
more authorative to answer... (i.e. who has the card <g>)

Kp