Date:      Fri, 08 Sep 2023 15:06:17 +0000
From:      =?utf-8?Q?Mina_Gali=C4=87?= <freebsd@igalic.co>
To:        freebsd-hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>, "freebsd-virtualization@FreeBSD.org" <freebsd-virtualization@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Question about virtio_alloc_virtqueues

Hi folks,

for the past two or so weeks, I've been trying to document the
virtio functions: You can see some of my progress here:

https://codeberg.org/meena/freebsd-src/commits/branch/improve/virtio

I'm currently trying to document virtio_alloc_virtqueues.
The second argument, flags, is only ever called with 0, and
never passed on to anything. So I thought I'd remove it.
However, there *is* this comment in if_vtnet.c:

=09/*
=09 * TODO: Enable interrupt binding if this is multiqueue. This will
=09 * only matter when per-virtqueue MSIX is available.
=09 */
=09if (sc->vtnet_flags & VTNET_FLAG_MQ)
=09=09flags |=3D 0;

after which flags are still set to 0. for now??
What does this mean?

Kind regards,

Mina Gali=C4=87

Want to link to this message? Use this URL: <https://mail-archive.FreeBSD.org/cgi/mid.cgi?ia9RXdtQafOfdOfg9wml1ApOEb4ivdf8lbRf74J1XYzA8HIDoEWQ75ScEQY8DpmUHlfMraZmgY0XlgaMWid46UBEIOeCBiOQxsFI4TIoIW4=>