Date:      Wed, 15 Jul 2015 14:39:32 -0600
From:      markham breitbach <markhamb@corp.ssimicro.com>
To:        freebsd-pkg@freebsd.org
Subject:   unable to update private repo

I have a small private repo of packages that are generated for in-house
software or "meta-packages" that are mostly just lists of dependencies
with a few configs or small shell scripts thrown in.  This has been
working fine for several months, but now when I try to update my repo I
get this:

#pkg -d repo "/home/pkg/repo/freebsd:10:x86:64/latest" /home/pkg/repo.key=

DBG(1)[62931]> pkg initialized
Creating repository in /home/pkg/repo/freebsd:10:x86:64/latest:   0%
pkg: pkg_create_repo(pipe): Protocol not supported
Cannot create repository catalogue

I enabled the debug switch hoping to get some sort of useful output so I
could troubleshoot, but it doesn't give much.  Any hints would be
greatly appreciated.  I really need this working again.

Thanks,
-Markham