Date:      Tue, 23 Jun 1998 23:47:27 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Stefan Bethke <stb@hanse.de>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, netatalk@umich.edu
Subject:   Re: [patch] netatalk broken in 3.0

On Mon, 15 Jun 1998, Julian Elischer wrote:

> The netatalk port for FreeBSD doesn't work on FreeBSD because of an
> apparently gratuitous change in the 3.0 kernel.

Wrong.

> in 3.0 you need to use a correct AF_LINK sockaddr (sockaddr_dl)
> for setting a hardware multicast address. In most other systems
> including 2.2.x this is a AF_UNSPEC (as used by arp).

Right.

> this patch patches two files in the etc/atalkd directory of netatalk.

I believe this is functional eqivalent to the two patches already
present, which I took off of the netatalk patches page. (patches/patch-ad
and -ae, taken from http://www.umich.edu/~rsug/netatalk/patches)

Both patches have since been verified to solve the problem. I cannot say
for sure they do with a recent -current; I'm currently making world, so I
will know by the end of the week.

I will put your newer patches in the next time I touch the port.

> can someone who knows how to fix ports commit it?

Sure. Why didn't you ask me as the maintainer in the first place?

Cheers,
Stefan
--
Stefan Bethke
Muehlendamm 12            Phone: +49-40-256848, +49-177-3504009