Date:      Wed, 4 Sep 1996 22:05:28 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
Cc:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard), current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Latest Current build failure

[ Whee, I'm going on a business trip for the next two weeks, so you can
be sure I won't be involved in this any longer. :) ]

> Joe Hacker will be more likely to present his credentials if you will
> define what "good stuff" is, other than a value judgement at the time
> you are presented with a fait accompli.

'Good Stuff' - Something which provably works better than the status quo
               which in the end doesn't require more work out of 'me'.

'Wasted Time' - Spending time arguing and discussing the merits of
                something which 'would' be better than the status quo if
                it were implemented, but the process of making it better
                will require significant amount of work out of 'me'.

My grandparents have a poster at their house that is appropriate:

"A single good deed is better than the grandest of good intentions."

Translation:

"An implemented idea is better than the grandest of good proposed solutions."

Nate