Date:      Sun, 27 Aug 2023 16:59:06 -0700
From:      Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert@cschubert.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, Felix Palmen <zirias@freebsd.org>, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Possible issue with linux xattr support?

On August 27, 2023 12:55:23 PM PDT, Felix Palmen <zirias@freebsd=2Eorg> wro=
te:
>* Dmitry Chagin <dchagin@freebsd=2Eorg> [20230827 22:46]:
>> On Sun, Aug 27, 2023 at 07:59:32PM +0200, Felix Palmen wrote:
>> > * Dmitry Chagin <dchagin@freebsd=2Eorg> [20230827 20:54]:
>> >=20
>> > ZFS=2E
>> >=20
>> >=20
>> > Yes, this is during building ports with poudriere=2E
>> >=20
>>=20
>> I think it's a weird prohibition on changing system namespace extattr
>> attributes, look to comments in extattr_check_cred()
>
>Maybe that's when I should finally start trying to understand the stuff
>in src=2Egit ;)
>
>> I can fix this completely disabling exttatr for jailed proc,
>> however, it's gonna be bullshit, though
>
>Would probably be better than nothing=2E AFAIK, "Linux jails" are used a
>lot, probably with userlands from distributions actually using xattr=2E
>
>Cheers, Felix

If we are to break it to fix a problem, maybe a sysctl to enable/disable t=
hen?

--=20
Cheers,
Cy Schubert <Cy=2ESchubert@cschubert=2Ecom>
FreeBSD UNIX:  <cy@FreeBSD=2Eorg>  Web:  https://FreeBSD=2Eorg
NTP:                     <cy@nwtime=2Eorg>    Web:  https://nwtime=2Eorg
                                                    e^(i*pi)+1=3D0

Pardon the typos=2E Small keyboard in use=2E