Date:      Wed, 23 Dec 1998 17:43:23 -0800 (PST)
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        eivind@yes.no
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: elf buildworld succeeds, aout buildworld fails

In article <19981224023250.E30095@follo.net>,
Eivind Eklund  <eivind@yes.no> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 23, 1998 at 11:00:28AM -0700, Russell L. Carter wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> > I am trying to get a circa August -current aout system converted
> > to ELF.  I've got an ELF system that buildworld/installworld yesterday's
> > -current just fine.  The exact same source tree fails on my aout
> > system in nfs_prot.h.  I've appended the end of the build.
> > It doesn't matter if I do an aout-to-elf-build or
> > just a plain buildworld.  -DCLOBBER has no effect.  My $PATH
> > looks fine.  make install in src/share/mk had no effect.
> > What have I screwed up?
>
> Nothing.  Someobyd has screwed up the build.  I'm trying to trace down
> how and why right now; it is blowing away builds I need to be able to
> test my 'christmas gift' :-(

Strange.  I updated my sources around 7:30 PST this morning, and was
able to do a successful make {build,install}world (a.out).  My system
was running a.out -current from November 11.  So the problem doesn't
affect everybody.

John
  "Nobody ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public."
                                                            -- H. L. Mencken