Date:      Fri, 7 Dec 2001 01:36:55 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <charon@labs.gr>
To:        "Gary W. Swearingen" <swear@blarg.net>
Cc:        doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: host.conf.5 manpage

On 2001-12-06 15:29:10, Gary W. Swearingen wrote:

> P.S. For what it's worth (nothing?), my man page grepper found no
> references to "host.conf" in any man page on my 4.4-R system!

After it's there, we should probably add a few.  Good point.

>  .Nm host.conf
> -.Nd format of resolver services configuration file
> +.Nd DNS resolver services configuration file

I deliberately tried to avoid using DNS here since it's not DNS only
that can be configured as a 'service' :-)

> +in the first column
> +are ignored.  The rest of the file may contain any number of
> +service names delimited by any number of colons, semicolons,
> +commas, tabs, spaces, and newlines.

Hmmm, seems nicer, yes.  I'm not sure about the `ignored' part, but I
like the spelled out delimiters.  Thanks.

> +The resolver will use one or more YP/NIS servers.  See

I'm not sure how NIS works :/
Is it possible to use more than one servers, at the same time?
Other than that, this is great.

-giorgos