Date:      Tue, 04 Sep 2001 14:58:31 -0700
From:      Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
To:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ACPI breakage on Libretto 110CT with CURRENT

> > I assume that the real problem is that the ATA controller failed to attach;
> > can you verify that this is the case?
>
> Bingo. Without ACPI, the machine boots. With ACPI, no ATA.

I don't see an ATA probe in here anywhere.  I assume you have the ata
driver being probed with hints?  Can you mail these boot logs, plus the
output of 'acpidump' to the ACPI list at acpi-jp@jp.freebsd.org (like I
asked everyone to do in the original headsup)?

A verbose boot excerpet showing the ATA probe failure with ACPI active would
also help.

Thanks.