Date:      Wed, 13 Mar 2013 09:43:40 +0100
From:      Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@rocketmail.com>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: snd_envy24{,ht} recording support?

On Wed, 2013-03-13 at 02:19 +0000, Benjamin Kaduk wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I picked up the PR docs/166755 quite some time ago, intending to do some
> research in the driver source and see which (all?) cards lack recording
> support.  Per https://wiki.freebsd.org/Sound, recording support should not
> be available for most/all versions of this card, yet the driver quite
> clearly registers recording channels as available.
> Just reading the driver source seems to be insufficient to determine
> whether recording works, so I am hoping that some person or persons with
> such a card would be able to check and possibly run a patched kernel for
> getting debugging output.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ben

Ben, marked as to do, on my machine is one RME HDSPe AIO (not Envy24)
and 2 TerraTec EWX 24/96 (ICE1712, aka Envy24). Unfortunately I already
have a long todo list for next month and no time this month. If nobody
else should test it and I should forget it, then please remember me in
the middle of the next month to test it. If my help shouldn't be needed
it would be good, but if nobody else can test it, I'm willing to do it
ASAP.

Regards,
Ralf