Date:      Mon, 2 Jan 1995 11:38:54 -0600 (CST)
From:      Jeff Haynes <jeff@tenforwd.wiz.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Serial port questions

I am having a problem getting slattach to work while mgetty is running.
slattach will dial out, but then mgetty seems to take over. This seems
to be a locking problem.

UUCP and mgetty work fine together, so I think this is a problem with
how slattach locks the line.  I had no problems in 1.1.5.1. I am running
2.0 now.

slattach, mgetty and UUCP are using ttyd0 (not cua0 and ttyd0); this should
be a bidirectional port right?

It seems to me that slattach needs to do something different when
it locks the line.

Can somebody please help me out?

Thanks in advance.
--