Date:      Mon, 21 Aug 1995 15:07:49 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Ade Barkah <mbarkah@hemi.com>
To:        gary@palmer.demon.co.uk (Gary Palmer)
Cc:        jdl@chromatic.com, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: rlogin on illegal port

> Jon Loeliger writes:
>
> >    Aug 14 18:57:52 chrome named[65]: Lame delegation to 'hemi.com'
> >    from [128.x.x.x] (server for 'hemi.com'?) on query on name 'hemi.com'
>
> >I haven't got a clue in the world what this means.  To be fair, I
> >could easily have a *bad* DNS configuration here.  I'm working on that.
>
> OK. This is one I can answer. It means that the server said it gave a
> non-authorative answer, but it lists itself as being able to give an
> authorative answer.

Yes, looking at it, it appears that there is a configuration error
in one of our secondary name servers. That is, we have "foo.bar.org"
as a legal secondary server, but a clone machine there called "foo1"
tried to answer and confused itself.

I'll work with the DNS people there to get this fixed, thanks for the
help.

Regards,

-Ade Barkah
Inet: mbarkah@hemi.com - HEMISPHERE ONLINE - www: <http://hemi.com/>;