Date:      Sun, 20 Aug 1995 14:54:51 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Piero Serini <piero@strider.ibenet.it>
To:        rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com (Rodney W. Grimes)
Cc:        asami@cs.berkeley.edu, jkh@time.cdrom.com, Piero@strider.ibenet.it, Hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD(tm) Trademark

Hello.

Quoting from Rodney W. Grimes (Sun Aug 20 05:48:34 1995):
> ready to handle.  We can not just allow any one to run around sticking
> the word FreeBSD on things, it must be marked ``TM'', and they must
> have licensed it.  This is yet another detail we must work out, and
> we need to start to thinking about it.

My  lawyers can handle an international registration on behalf of
any legal entity you indicate, with fair good  discounts  on  the
normal rates.

They  are  42  lawyers  here in Italy, devoted to 'trademarking',
they can directly handle any registration  in  both  western  and
eastern  Europe, the United States, China, Honk Kong and they are
associated with the major firms in the rest of the world.

I have very good prices, and I was very stisfied each time I used
their services. I'm not related to them, I'm just a *really* sat-
isfied customer.

I  can  directly  ask them to perform a reserch on the trademark,
but they obviously need a letter from the  company  (or  associa-
tion) to actually register the name.

Since  I think this discussion an get very techincal about trade-
marking international law, I think we can save traffic on  -hack-
ers  list  by using something like "FreeBSD-tm@free.it", a list I
can setup immediately.

Moreover, even if I'm not lawyer, I'm pretty educated about these
problems, and anyway I can get advice from them for  free,  so  I
think it's worth using this resource.

All  those  interested  in  forming  (and  joning)  the  FreeBSD-
tm@free.it list, send an e-mail to piero@free.it.

Bye,
--
#        $Id: .signature,v 1.12 1995/08/14 12:10:54 piero Exp $
Piero Serini                                            Via Giambologna, 1