Date:      Wed, 7 Oct 1998 10:51:13 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Doug Russell <drussell@saturn-tech.com>
To:        "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@plutotech.com>
Cc:        alk@pobox.com, hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sony CDU926S

On Thu, 1 Oct 1998, Kenneth D. Merry wrote:

> Tony Kimball wrote...
> > Is anyone using this CD-R drive succesfully with CAM?
>
> Talk to Parag Patel <parag@cgt.com>.  He submitted a quirk entry to disable
> multi-LUN probing for that drive.

Interesting counter-question....  Does anyone have one working properly
(cdrecord) WITHOUT CAM?  I think I MUST be doing something wrong here.

I have everything (as far as I can tell) configured properly, cdrecord
-checkdrive, etc... finds the drive and reports it as a 926, using the 924
driver, etc.  I can get through dummy data and audio writes with no
errors, and even burn the disks with no errors, however, they don't have
any information on them!  :)  An audio CD comes out with all the tracks,
but they all just sound like clicks.  (The data reads a long string of
NULLs, then a little data, if you read the file back in with tosha.)

A 9660 FS supposedly burned onto a disc is not mountable.  (It seems to be
recorded just like the audio... no data.)

What might I be doing wrong here?  The drive is on an NCR-810 with a Sony
CDU-411 or some such number 12x CD-ROM as the only other device.  Works
fine from WinNT.

Anything wack-o that has to be done to make this work?

Later......						<Doug>