Date:      Sun, 19 Jan 2003 11:16:10 +0000
From:      lewiz <purple@lewiz.info>
To:        David Spreen <netzwurm@debian.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 5.0RC3 and PCCARD on Siemens Mobile 510 AGP

--2fHTh5uZTiUOsy+g

On Thu, Jan 16, 2003 at 01:53:10AM +0100, David Spreen wrote:
> I just tried to install 5.0RC3 on my siemens mobile 510 AGP. Booting with

Hehe, it might be better to wait for 5.0-RELEASE (check out your local
FTP mirror :).

> The card seemed to be detected correctly, so I could choose ep0 as install
> device.
>=20
> But when I did my switch still had not announced link for that card and=
=20
> when I agreed to using dhcp for configuring the interface the installproc=
ess
> hung.=20

Yes.  I have had _exactly_ the same problem with a 3Com 3C589D Etherlink
III (also ep0).  Everything that I do to the device causes a hard lockup
(except running ifconfig ep0 media 10base2/BNC from a fixit console).

> (Well, I changed the port, the cable and so on, but nothing worked).

Yup, same here.  What I've found is that once I got it installed it all
worked perfectly (I was quite shocked, really).  The only thing I can
really suggest you do (other than wait for 5.1-RELEASE ;) is to see if
you can either a) get somebody else to burn an ISO; or b) install
4.7-RELEASE and CVSup to 5.0-RELEASE.  I know which I'd do, you could
even purchase a CD from somewhere.

> but I failed. I asked google and dejagoogle but got no help. I've I
> still left out an option I am sorry for making noise on this list.

Nope, definitely not noise.  In fact, since it's not been fixed from DP2
it almost seems that it's something that was missed and it's probably my
bad for not reporting it earlier (I had assumed it was a slightly
damaged NIC).

  Hope that's been some help and best wishes,

-lewiz.

--=20
It's not enough to be Hungarian; you must have talent too.
		-- Alexander Korda
--|| url: http://lewiz.info/ | http://www.westwood.karoo.net/pgpkey ||--

--2fHTh5uZTiUOsy+g

--2fHTh5uZTiUOsy+g--