Date:      Tue, 18 Dec 2001 16:33:06 -0800 (PST)
From:      David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>
To:        mikko@dynas.se
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: df(1) - Any chance of a commit before Thursday ?

>Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 16:24:36 -0800 (PST)
>From: Mikko Tyolajarvi <mikko@dynas.se>

>>>Currently in -stable (don't know about current), the -l option to df is
>>>broken.

>>>Alexey Neyman has provided a patch which fixes the issue (for me, at least)
>>>in bin/32397.

>>As mentioned in -stable around the time of the PR, some of us do not see
>>the symptoms:

>The problem occurs when you have no network filesystems loaded
>(i.e. compiled into the kernel, or loaded as a kld).  Whether any of
>them are mounted or not is irrelevant.

That sounds like useful information to add to the audit trail for the
PR, since the PR doesn't mention it (that I could see).

>>freebeast[1] uname -a && mount && df -l

>Add "&& lsvfs".  I bet you have NFS in there.

Yup:

freebeast[1] lsvfs
Filesystem                        Refs Flags
-------------------------------- ----- ---------------
ufs                                 10
nfs                                  0 network
msdos                                0
procfs                               1 synthetic
cd9660                               0 read-only
mfs                                  1
freebeast[2]

Same with my laptop, too.  :-}

Cheers,
david
I believe it would be irresponsible (and thus, unethical) for me to advise,
recommend, or support the use of any product that is or depends on any
Microsoft product for any purpose other than personal amusement.