Date:      Sun, 19 Mar 2000 16:51:25 -0500 (EST)
From:      Larry Lile <lile@stdio.com>
To:        tokenring@freebsd.org
Subject:   Long awaited token-ring updates...

I have moved the "ol" driver into the cvs tree, it will now
be known as "oltr".  This has the unfortunate side effect of
removing support for ISA cards.  I will be adding support back
for them when I have time.  I am also working on getting ifmedia
to work correctly in the driver.  It is availble in RELENG_3,
RELENG_4 and -current.

Also there have been several updates to the generic token-ring
code that may solve some of the "off-air" without a ping problems.
Not to mention a large amount of general cleanup.  These updates
are available in the -current branch.  If I get no bad reports
about them I will move them into -stable shortly.

There is still an issue with ARP & source routing that has not
been resolved, but I am working on it.

Please let me know if you experience any problems with the new
driver.

Thanks to Matthew Dodd, Nikolai Saoukh, Larry Baird and
others whose names escape me for helping debug and providing
patches for the new driver.

Thanks to everyone else for their patience, I know I have
been kinda slow.

--
Larry Lile
lile@FreeBSD.org