Date:      Sun, 31 Aug 2003 21:04:21 +0200
From:      Nico Meijer <nico.meijer@zonnet.nl>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: iptables

Hi Taulant,

> I just wanted to know if ther's any "firewall" like iptables and
> ipchains(linux) on FreeBSD ??

I've just spent an afternoon fscking with ipfw and natd, so: yes, there
is. :-)
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/firewalls.html
Also look up the man pages of ipfw, natd and firewall.

As an aside, there's ipfilter. You have to rebuild the kernel for either
of them to work, I believe.

Don't ask me which one is better. I'll just quote Ozzy...

For your interest, I've found the documentation on "ipfw + natd + a
default rule of deny" lacking/non-existant, or I haven't been looking in
all the right places (I've got money set on the latter ;-). I've got it
running now and will probably double check with freebsd-questions@ once
I find the time.

HTH and good luck... Nico