Date:      Wed, 30 Dec 1998 20:03:52 +0100 (CET)
From:      hm@kts.org (Hellmuth Michaelis)
To:        gax43544@icn.siemens.de (Andreas Gaertner)
Cc:        hm@hcs.de, freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: beta 0.70 (ii)

Andreas Gaertner wrote:

> dunno what kind of exchange i am connected to but this never happened
> using 0.63.

Persistent deactivation was not implemented in 0.63. Removing the S0 plug
would make your machine unusable in 0.63, whereas it now shuts the lower
ISDN layers down more or less gracefully (and still improvable) after some
time - which is probably still too long.

> i wonder if i could'nt detour these messages into some other
> file by using 'isdnd 2>&1 /var/log/foo'? ;-)

This messages get generated by kernel printf's, isdnd has nothing to do
with it. To route those messages to a different destination (which is
not a good idea! Those messages are generated because of something going
wrong somewhere, and this is not fixed by turning the messages off ...)
check syslog.conf and "man syslogd".

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis                hm@kts.org                   Hamburg, Europe
 We all live in a yellow subroutine, yellow subroutine, yellow subroutine ...