Date:      Tue, 10 Mar 1998 08:34:57 -1000
From:      Terrance Young <tyoung@hmsa.com>
To:        Snob Art Genre <benedict@echonyc.com>
Cc:        "hackers@FreeBSD.ORG" <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: YA EtherExpress?

Steep Price! (and I thought Token Ring was expensive!)
I would rather put two 3com high end cards and put it in different segments
rather than pay the price for offloading my CPU with one card. The cards
(NIC's) don't take away that much of the processor cycles where I would
belive would make THAT much of a difference to justify the price. I think
the $500 I would have just saved could help go toward a switched hub or
something (not that $500 is that much for a network type saving). Correct me
if I'm wrong...

There is a point to it if there isn't much more you can do with your network
and you Really need that much more processor cycles :-)