Date:      Tue, 31 Mar 1998 10:23:27 -0800
From:      Bill Trost <trost@cloud.rain.com>
To:        Mark Diekhans <markd@Grizzly.COM>, mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Mobile-IP?

Mark Diekhans writes:
    There is (was) a research project at Portland State University on
    secure mobile networking that was built on top of FreeBSD:

	    http://www.cs.pdx.edu/research/SMN/

    I have no idea what the state of it is and have done nothing with it
    but save the link.

As far as I know, the last release was made by me in September.  It was
against 2.2.1 or 2.2.2 with PAO (or, it might just contain the entire
kernel source tree, but same idea).  The PSU implementation is very
robust and handles relatively rapid FA switching well (not that I had
much to do with that part of it).  It also contains some interesting
security extensions, including a (somewhat old) version of NRL's IPSEC.

There is still work being done on the project, although I do not think
it is near another release.

At this point, I'm not really a member of the project group, so if you
have any questions, go to the web page -- it has an email address you
can send questions to.