Date:      13 Nov 1999 01:38:49 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How can I use TAB as in linux?

"Martin Mactaggart" <martinm@visualedge.com> writes:

>     I think there's something vaguely social-darwinism about the brutal,
> autocratic way "root" and his imperialistic "wheel" oligarchy dictate terms
> of existance to other users.  In the future, perhaps FreeBSD4.0, I'd like to
> see all users be given an equal vote prior to the computer performing any
> type of potentially system changing activity.
>
>     That would be much fairer.

Perhaps by also making it mandatory that it takes at least 1 "root" user
to vote for a thing, or if that is not possible at least 2 members of
the "wheel" group, or if that is not possible either (50% + 1) of the
users that belong to all the other groups.

Pretty complicated, but it looks a lot like those security procedures
known to many of us from military-type movies, etc.

Merging that with a capability for voting, which should be removed from
users who have commited a `politically incorrect' action some time in
the past, we have a truly remarkable emulation of what the outside world
is.  But I'm starting to get scared about all this enough already...

--
Giorgos Keramidas, <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
"What we have to learn to do, we learn by doing." [Aristotle]