Date:      Fri, 11 Jan 2002 16:18:00 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@starjuice.net>
To:        Dominic Mitchell <dom@semantico.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: [OT] OpenSSL, certification chains and Exim

On 11 Jan 2002 13:58:30 GMT, Dominic Mitchell wrote:

> I'm not an OpenSSL wizard, but this sounds like either a self-signed
> certificate, or a root CA which isn't in Outlook's trusted list of
> root CA's.

In Outlook's case (although the problem exists with some Netscape
messaging client and a recent Eudora as well), the self-signed
certificate has been installed into the Trusted Root Certification
Authorities store.

That said, I'd be more than happy to hear that this is just a Wintendo
problem and nothing to do with the Unix components.  The murmurings I've
read from the Wintendo community aren't convincing.

Also, I'm loath to continue discussing the issue on this list, since
it's off-topic.  I'd rather solicit advice sent in private.

Ciao,
Sheldon.