Date:      Wed, 10 Dec 1997 00:28:38 +0100 (MET)
From:      j@uriah.heep.sax.de (J Wunsch)
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        john cooper <john@isi.co.jp>
Subject:   Re: HP 6020 CD-R Drive compatibility

john cooper <john@isi.co.jp> wrote:

> 1.  Any chance the CD-R SCSI command set for the 71*0 is compatible
>     with the 6020/4020?  I'm only interested in CD-R at the moment.

Unlikely, but you gotta ask HP for this.

We've got a Plasmon 4801 offered today (on behalf of a customer), this
one looks more in line with their previous drives... but i haven't
seen the documentation yet, either.

> 2.  Any chance the FreeBSD driver/wormcontrol has been updated to
>     support the 71*0?

Nope.

> And while I have the floor..  Has anyone extended the worm
> driver/wormcontrol to support other drives/vendors?

Only very slowly.  You could also have a look at Joerg Schilling's
cdrecord tool, it's in the ports collection, and basically bypasses
the kernel driver.

--
cheers, J"org