Date:      Tue, 12 Jan 2021 16:22:48 +0000
From:      Dennis Clarke <dclarke@blastwave.org>
To:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Strange graphics issues on G5 with NVIDIA 6600

<snip>

> I didn't put any serious effort into resolving the resolution issues, so
> it might be possible to get it working beyond 640x480. Or maybe there's
> another card that someone on this list can verify works well?

Off topic slightly but exactly what and how did you even do an install
on this box?  I have four of these units laying around wherein one of
them is a workable unit with the so-called "quad" PPC64 config. Not
much runs on them these days and that includes Debian Linux wherein
the installer is slightly broken. Slightly. There just is not much in
the way of resources alive and workingout there that cares to debug
the multitude of issues we face with this architecture. So I have to
ask you, what did you use to install FreeBSD on this unit? I have not
seen a workable installer in at least a year.

--
Dennis Clarke
RISC-V/SPARC/PPC/ARM/CISC