Date:      Sun, 01 Nov 1998 16:08:15 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SSH vsprintf patch. (You've been warned Mr. Glass)

> Not that I've seen.  One is rumored to be floating around.

Yeah, rumored is the right word. :)

> The previous message (forwarded from rootshell to -security by someone
> else) has most of the info I've seen.

I read that too, yeah.  Basically, I've seen evidence of provable
buffer overflows (but not proven exploitability of same) and I've seen
a hacked site who admins can't think of many other ways to be hacked
and are pointing either correctly or incorrectly at ssh as the cause
in their first round of theories.  Either way, it's just all too
guessy for me right now - I'd sure like to see an actual exploit
here before declaring this most security scare concluded. :(

- Jordan