Date:      Tue, 15 Apr 2003 16:59:59 -0400
From:      Wade Majors <wade@ezri.org>
To:        Orion Hodson <hodson@icir.org>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Adjusting pcm buffersize?

Orion Hodson wrote:
> Can you tell let me know what the h/w is?  Is the audio application writing
> directly to the device or going through an agent like esound/artsd (fstat
> /dev/dsp* /dev/audio* while playing audio).

I currently am having the problem with an ALS4000, which installed
because I thought it was my onboard audio (VIA VT8233A), but I am having
the same problem.

I am using esound. I just tried the same thing with xmms writing
directly and the problem appears to have gone away (!). I will have to
do some more testing...

-Wade