Date:      Tue, 04 Apr 2000 15:33:43 +0200
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
To:        Brad Knowles <blk@skynet.be>
Cc:        Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai <asmodai@wxs.nl>, Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 2nd call for reviews and tests: buf->bio patch

In message <v04220803b50f8d254208@[195.238.1.121]>, Brad Knowles writes:
>At 8:23 AM +0200 2000/4/4, Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai wrote:
>
>>           Like I said in another mail, this is CURRENT, things are
>>  expected to break.  You want stability of API's, go 3-STABLE.  You want
>>  a somewhat stable environment, go 4-STABLE.  5 is bleeding edge, have
>>  your bandages ready.
>
>	Like I said in a previous message, Poul broke vinum (among other
>things) under 4.0-STABLE, and this needs to be fixed ASAP.  If Poul
>had kept his changes unique to -CURRENT, then 4.0-STABLE wouldn't
>have been affected.  But he didn't, and it was.

Brad,

You are confused.

I have not made one single commit to 4.0-STABLE which even comes
close to vinum.

The problem in vinum/releng4 is the problem greg has been blaming
on CAM since at least FreeBSDcon and indications seems to be that
it is actually a malloc/free gottcha in vinum.

I have nothing to do with that, apart from being releived that
we don't seem to have a random stack-smasher bug in the system.

Poul-Henning

FreeBSD -- It will take a long time before progress goes too far!