Date:      Wed, 18 Oct 2000 07:41:55 +0100
From:      Adrian Wontroba <aw1@stade.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Traditional UN*X conventions (Or: Why not to login as root?)

On Mon, Oct 16, 2000 at 01:39:44PM -0700, Jason C. Wells wrote:
> # rm -rf /tmp/ *

Some years ago there was a news article posted which asked for examples
of UNIX console accidents.  The requestor was somebody giving a talk who
wanted a few snappy examples to open with.

The thread developed into hundreds of true "I screwed my system like
this ...." confessions.  Some were obvious.  Some subtle.  Most
instructive.  Many hilarious (8-)

I used to have them all archived, but have mislaid them.  If anybody
still has a set, I'd appreciate being mailed them.

--
Adrian Wontroba