Date:      Wed, 8 Nov 2000 18:12:59 -0600
From:      Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
To:        "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.demon.nl>, Brian McGovern <bmcgover@cisco.com>, Warner Losh <imp@village.org>, Jordan Hubbard <jkh@winston.osd.bsdi.com>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG, qa@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.2-BETA release candidate #1 ISO installation image available

On Wed, Nov 08, 2000 at 01:34:27PM -0800, David O'Brien wrote:
# On Wed, Nov 08, 2000 at 06:13:58PM +0100, Wilko Bulte wrote:
# > On Wed, Nov 08, 2000 at 11:36:09AM -0500, Brian McGovern wrote:
# > > and was dependant on others putting together the image.
# >
# > David is planning on creating alpha .ISO RC images.
#
# David or JKH, depending on his wishes.  JKH has an AS4100 for use in
# this.

Speaking of an Alpha ISO... The packages are still building on
my Alpha box.  They won't be exactly the same as the i386 packages
because I only have a single box so I have to start the whole
process many days before the ports freeze goes into effect.  The
biggest difference being that we won't have GNOME for sure and maybe
not KDE because several of those packages don't currently build on
the Alpha.  Unless... Here are the logs again if someone wants to
send me fixes for any the broken ports. :)

	http://bsd.planetwe.com/~steve/alpha/4-latest/

There are currently 3156 successfully built.  It should be done
soon because it is in x11-servers now.  Give me a couple of more
days to get the bits up where they should and get the packages
split up and we should be good to go.

-steve