Date:      Tue, 11 Jul 2000 12:12:03 -0400
From:      "Mike O'Dell" <mo@servo.ccr.org>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   problems building kernels

is anyone else more than a little concerned that the people who
ostensibly understand all the details can't agree as to how to
do what and when??

and this is supposed to be STABLE???

give us a break, guys. you don't go changing how a kernel
gets built in a release called STABLE.

and if you didn't do that, please explain that we can just
ignore all the mail the last few days and go back to
trying to figure out why cvsup-ing the latest STABLE
release doesn't compile/run-on-SMP/etc,etc,etc

i'll restate my minority view that the FreeBSD project
*really* needs to rethink their release names and the
whole release process, rather than explaining that
we don't understand the effort's peculiar definitions
of words like "stable"

but i'll shut up now. the last time i said this
i generated a few free kilowatts with the recovered
heat from the flaming...

	-mo