Date:      Thu, 24 Jan 2013 11:18:13 +0400
From:      Dmitry Sivachenko <trtrmitya@gmail.com>
To:        Ruslan Makhmatkhanov <cvs-src@yandex.ru>
Cc:        python <python@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: bsd.python.mk: python3 plist shim

On 23.01.2013, at 16:29, Ruslan Makhmatkhanov <cvs-src@yandex.ru> wrote:

>=20
> Hello,
>=20
> I'm planning to apply this patch to Mk/bsd.python.mk soon. It's an =
nivit's solution from devel/py-virtualenv for changes, introduced in PEP =
3147 [1]. It will not affect default packages build, because packages =
are not yet building for python3 on cluster, but it will affect python =
ports, built with python3, that already has fix like that applied =
locally. I tested it with dozen of ports and everything seems fine. =
Local fixes will be removed right after this change. Please tell me if =
there is any objections or suggestions on this. Thanks.
>=20
> [1] http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-3147/
>=20

Hello!

Looks like a hack.  Why not to define some variable, say PYCACHEDIR, to =
proper value based on python version, and use in in pkg-plist as =
%%PYCACHEDIR%% ?
Similar to all other version-dependend things like PYTHON_SITELIBDIR?

This will require modification of pkg-plist files but this can be done =
automatically by a script.