Date:      Sat, 22 Sep 2001 16:40:31 +0000
From:      Michael Collette <metrol@earthlink.net>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
Subject:   Same old pccard probs

Warner,

  I know I reported back saying all was well here.  It was for a little
while, with things acting as I thought they should for a couple of days.
Then the ed0 timeouts started coming back, dhclient errors, and I'm still not
shutting down properly.
  It hasn't been a big deal as everything has been working properly aside
from what amount to some pretty minor glitches.  The dhclient errors claim
there's some type of error in the script, but it does properly assign all the
attributes needed for a connection.  The ed0 timeouts show up 3 times upon
the first usage of the ethernet, then never again.  Lastly, though I'm not
seeing the proper shutdown message, it's getting far enough along to safely
bring down my laptop.  There's nothing that's a show stopper, but it just
ain't right either.
  I can say with some degree of confidence that the shutdown problem is
related to pccardd.  I experimented with this by pulling the card out,
starting up the laptop, futzing around for a bit, then shutting down.  The
shutdown works perfectly in that scenario.  With the card in, it stops
immediately after reporting the uptime during either a 'halt' or 'reboot'.
  I tried a buildworld from a cvsup from last night just to see if I'd missed
something.  Nope, no difference.  In reading some of the other posts on this
list, it seems that there's some other folks with very similar sets of bugs
being reported.  If there's any information I can provide from this end to
assist with this please let me know.

Later on,
--
"A short saying often contains much wisdom."
 -Sophocles