Date:      Mon, 14 Aug 2000 10:24:39 -0700
From:      David Johnson <djohnson@acuson.com>
To:        leegold <goldtech@worldpost.com>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: classic newbie inquiry

leegold wrote:

> How the hell am I gonna learn how to set up a web server? just learning
> how to install FreeBSD was relatively difficult.

Hee hee. A web server is not a newbie kind of thing. Or at least not an
OS newbie kind of thing.

The problem isn't FreeBSD or its perceived lack of documentation. Apache
is not FreeBSD. I've never deliberately used Apache, but I managed to
install it by mistake under Linux several times (damn you Redhat!).
Getting it installed and running is not the problem. Getting it properly
configured for your situation is another matter.

I would check out the O'Reilly book, as mentioned, find an Apache for
Dummies book (great when you're so clueless you don't know where to
start), or the Apache webpage.

> I feel stupid.

I'll trade your 'stupid' for my 'stupid'. My 'stupid' is extremely
embarrasing and I would gladly trade it in for a newer model.